How Does IO Work?
Insure Oklahoma premium assistance is a mechanism whereby businesses, qualified employees, and their qualified dependents can obtain health insurance coverage at a more affordable rate.
Employers choosing to participate in a premium subsidy program reap savings on qualified benefit plan premiums provided to their qualified workers.
- Participation in the Insure Oklahoma program is voluntary for both employers and employees. There is no minimum number of employees that must qualify to receive subsidy.
- Insure Oklahoma is designed to assist those employees who meet the income requirements. Not everyone may qualify for this program.
- Monthly qualified benefit plan premium contributions are split between the employer, employee and Insure Oklahoma.
- The business MUST contribute at least 25 percent of the premium for each qualified employee.
- The qualified employee may contribute no more than 15 percent of the employee premium and no more than 15 percent of any qualified dependent premium. This amount may be reduced depending upon the household income.
Depending on household income, some children may qualify for Insure Oklahoma while others may qualify for SoonerCare. More information is available at www.okhca.org.